Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Unfortunate Cake Delay

In great news, this Cake Week will not end yet! (Why yes, I have all kinds of power when it comes to extending weeks. Seven days is highly relative.)

The sad news is that the delay on making the cake is happening because our car broke down (that makes three times since our engagement, if you don't count the flat tire). So, alas, I have not yet made it to the store for ingredients.

I think this waiting is making me more pumped though to get started. I've got cake pans anxiously anticipating their next huggable friend.

Anyone want to guess what kind of a cake it will be?

I'll give you a hint: it involves Super's favorite kind of berry. Feel free to guess away in the comments.

In other news: in addition to the car dying, there was another demise in our household—Devin, the stormtrooper spatula, who melted to my mom's pan (so three demises if we count the pan; we must like the number three).

Don't worry though. We've replaced him with a clone spatula from Williams Sonoma. It's like Devin was never even gone. Honestly, he is a great spatula. He's even a better spatula than he is a stormtrooper.

Next to Devin, these people are my favorite stormtroopers.


2 comments:

  1. I love a good heat resistant spatula, and your cakes sound amazing.

    Marionberry?

    I finally had a chance to upload the wedding pictures I took today to my computer, hopefully before our move this week, I can get them to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good guess, but not quite.

      I would love pictures when you can get to them. If that takes months, I will totally understand. :)

      Delete

Stories? Struggles? You can write about them here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...